Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An Agnostic's Ruminations

Lost amidst the labyrinth of men woven concrete web
Nature's glimpse I seek.. from the window of my nest

Reminiscing the sheet of twilight over green meadows
And grazing cows with singing cuckoo's melodious echoes,
Nostalgic I feel of fluttering leaves and oak trees,
Of the moon's reflection in serene lake's cool breeze

Leaping away from the maze of flashing lights and noisy cars
Sight, my eyes behold, of darkest sky with brightest stars
Twinkle, they, like blinking eyes of the guardian angels
As if illuminating the trails forgotten by the lost vessels

Older grows the night with rising of the crimson sun
Spreading the wings of splendid colors over the horizon
Enthralled under the spell, I was, of a seducing beauty
Like those mesmerizing veiled eyes holding me in captivity

Enchanted I drive to behold diligent nature's epic sculpture
Of perennial history written in grand canyon's scripture
Gazing into its abyss I wonder if in depths lies the answer
Or behind that sunset cloud the sun is hiding under

Fringing rays like eyelashes on the eyelid resembling clouds
Is it god's watchful eye or the agnostic in me still doubts?

1 comment: